Monday, February 2, 2009

The house so far...

Alright, well here are some pictures of our house. We still have a ways to go. We're going to wait til mid March to make sure we're staying in Abilene before we paint. Here is the upstairs guest bathroom, this picture makes the shower curtain look really drab, but its really not. It's sea foam. I still want to hang stuff on the walls too. You can click on the pics to make them bigger if you want to get some more detail.

K, our bedroom needs a lot of work, but we're going to wait till we get some more money to get some bedroom furniture. BUT, my question to you guys... what do you think of the white bedskirt? I could really use some advice. I bought the red duvet online, not thinking about a bedskirt at the time. Well, now I can't find a single bedskirt to match that color, and the website doesn't sell one either. Does the white and red look terrible or what? I don't know what other color could go well, I'm not good at this. What about black??




Here is the downstairs so far. We packed our rug up before it fully dried and now it smells awful. We still have some huge empty walls, but I didn't take pics of those.

The downstairs guest bathroom. I'd really love to paint this gray. What do you think?


Another shot of the living room. I'm not sure about that picture on the left. Ah well. And here's the new couches.

I had to get these at IKEA for the kitchen. It took a lot of work to put together (everything was sold separetly). But I like it :) And, if you click on the picture and zoom to above the stove, I bought those 3 little tins. They are magnetic and I love them. I put my tea bags and equal packets in there.


Pretty messy. Ah well. I love how much room we have on top of the cabinets.


Here's the other half of the kitchen. I'm sitting on the missing chair in our office right now (also not done yet). We are taking our time because we aren't sure how long we're going to be here, and if its going to be a few years, we've got time :)
Please, give some comments, I'm not an interior decorator here and I'm asking for honest opinions. So SHARE SOME!
Thanks!

3 comments:

Scott Family said...

Hey Teara! I found your blog from your facebook status.
I love how the house is coming along. I can't blame you on waiting to paint...it would be awful to do it then leave right away! Hope all is well!

Anne said...

Everything looks great! I don't think the white bedskirt looks bad at all! It matches the pillows nicely.
Where did you get all the cute knick-knacks to put ontop of your kitchen cabinets? I am in desperate need of things to put ontop of ours!

Amber said...

hey! your house looks great! so sorry i didnt get back to you about the super bowl. we ended up just staying home and hanging out. i am pretty sure that we have those exact same couches! theyre great!